2/25/09

Wow! I just got back from Professional Photographers of Oregon annual convention and had a blast!! I learned so much about keeping our business skills sharp, fun and super cool photoshop techniques, and different design tips. WOW! I think I had a brain overload and had to take a couple of days to digest everything. I really can't wait to start implementing everything I learned!

Also, before I forget, this year, like every year I entered 4 images into print competition. This year, I wanted to take a few risks with my image choices. Break a few rules and get the judges talking and maybe even thinking. I didn't want to enter the same old stuff that merits every year but something cool, modern, and funk-ay! A couple of the judges got me and a couple didn't. There was even a judge who fought for two of my images arguing why they should merit. Even though my images scored very well, alas, none had recieved the award of a merit. BUT, I got the judges talking and I was totally excited about that!!!! Oh, and one of my images did get a judges choice award. That was totally cool.

I will post all the images that I entered very soon. It will be the next post. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment