1/20/10

Say it isn't so!!

For the past 5 years, we have been so good about sending Christmas cards and a family newsletter. They were a ton of fun to make and folks seemed to really like them. And I love to read them years later.

Well....

It is already January 20th and I am thinking that sending out cards this year is just not going to happen. I am totally bummed. But let me tell you why. Maybe a good chuckle is what will make this all better...

So I had squeezed in a day a week before Christmas. It was the perfect day. I was going to create the portraits of the kids to put onto the cards. Nomi was in a very good mood that day and I had forewarned Adria and Jarom of the plan. But then, something very bad happened. Nomi got a hold of a washable black crayola marker... you know, the kind that washes off the skin after 3 days or so.

My cute little baby drew all over her face, but mostly her lips and right eye. She looked like a little goth baby. It was actually quite funny. When she looked in the mirror though, she cried and tried to clean it off. She is just too funny.

I was kinda bummed. So I squeezed in another day after Christmas. It is family tradition to send the cards after Christmas anyways...

Then is happened again!!!! Where in the world does she find all these markers!!! I took it as a sign. No more markers are allowed in the house. And no Christmas card this year. It just wasn't meant to be and I am now OK with that. My only regret is: I couldn't find our point and shoot to take a pic of Nomi in her "goth mode". Arrggg!

No comments:

Post a Comment